9.28.2006

trudge

"Come, let us return to the LORD;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth."

Hosea 6:1-3

It's over. It's been over for a week.
two months.
nine months.
eight years. longer?

It's over for him.
for her.
for me.

It's over and somehow I find myself caught up in those two days.
The two days before the revival comes.
before being bound up. healed.

The muck is thick.
Mire thicker.
darkness painted life's canvas.

and trudge we on.
Third days hoped for.
not yet experienced. but almost.

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Is it normal that I'm confused by this post?

alaina said...

Though not intentionally confusing, I think the way faith interweaves with life is confusing. Until that not-so-proverbial third day comes with Christ, I think we'll be wallowing in the confusion.