5.13.2007

the astoria alaina tuna salad

My sister was in town, visiting me this weekend, getting away from all of the family stress we've been bearing, and generally taking advantage of the open door policy I foolishly offered to her three months ago. I think she kept my key this time. Jerk.

Though today was Mother's Day, I surreptitiously avoided the topic with anyone other than my own mother. I have too many emotions wrapped up in mothers and grandmothers to uphold a standard of normal human behavior. Part of the avoidance was staying away from anything that sold food on plates by a waiter. Instead my sister and I cleaned out my fridge and with a quick run to the grocery store, we made a phenomenal tuna salad. A tuna salad that we dubbed the astoria alaina tuna salad. I think we were intoxicated on our own egos when finalized that name. At least I was. (typical.)

Here's the recipe (to the best of my recollection, we were really just making it up as we went):
1 large can of solid white tuna (12 oz)
1/2 apple (fuji, gala, etc.) chopped small
1 stalk celery chopped small
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper

Holy yum on a fork.

No comments: