6.08.2007

i would rather be a doorkeeper

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor.

No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Oh Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you.


From a psalm of the Sons of Korah. Number 84.


I want there to be comfort.

I want there to be peace.

But when we are left behind, burning our oil lamps waiting to be taken, our hearts can't help but feel great loss in those who have gone before.

My eyes turn to heaven, to the ones I love in that place, to the One who loves me in that place. I ask when I can move out my tent and into his kingdom.

He tells me to trust and wait on the Lord.

And wait I will.

No comments: