8.11.2008

glint

As I dropped my dear friends off at the airport this morning before work, I filled my mind with song lyrics so that I didn't have time to be sad. I was sad they were leaving. I only see them once in a blue moon. They are my international family. A piece of me belongs with them. Their departure marks the end of the strange schedule of summertime.

As I drove away from the airport, I smiled loudly over top of the droning Diane Rehm Show. I turned it off. The conflict in Georgia is important. But not today. Not right now.

Its August, but the fall is beginning. The weather is strangely cool. The teachers are milling in the school and church hallways. School uniforms are racked in the stores. I'm looking for my new home with a new roommate (finally!!). I'm calling Sunday School teachers, reserving picnic pavilions, planning the fall programs that will bring charge into this year of faith growth.

My to-do list is the length of the Mississippi River, but at least my smile glints back in reflection on it.

No comments: