2.04.2010

insanity strikes back

Over the holidays, my cousin asked if I might be interested in running a half-marathon. We ran a very relaxed half two years ago and had a great time. We have the mutual interest in wanting to get into shape and I have been tossing around the idea of a race in the darker corners of my mind for some time.

And so we committed. To the Cincinnati Flying Pig. We are dragging the sister and the new brother-in-law in on the sadistic fun because adrenaline-induced misery loves company.

Which means that I need to run around twenty miles a week during this cold and miserable time of year.
Which means, I go to the gym and run on a treadmill to avoid the cold.
Which means, I feel like a hamster.

Also, considering my aversion to pork products and byproducts and other things snout-related, I spend a good deal of my hamsterhood convincing myself that no pigs will actually be flying by my head (or past my car) during this race.

2 comments:

brnh said...

Yay! Let me know when your schedule. I'll help you carb load or something. I've never attended race day, but despite the pork-tendencies of the race it's not really like pig heaven or anything here. Run hills. Seriously Cincy has bad hills.

alaina said...

ugh, hills. good to know.
treadmill incline: 8

:(