2.25.2010

it isn't easy

I am blessed with friends that are faithful, generous, and concerned about their place on this planet. They are imperfect like me and the rest of us. Yet, they strive to be mindful of their imperfection and seek forgiveness when needed.

Recently, I've noticed a generally frustrated attitude surrounding the barrier schedules create to serve. The times when service is requested are times not available due to work, family, and the variety of other commitments.

I don't have a solution, only reflection. If service were convenient and easy, the need for it would be null. Helping and loving others demands sacrifice and priorities.

I am not saying my friends are justified in their frustrations but that their frustrations are, in fact, with the defining quality of service--it isn't easy.

Makes Jesus seem like a Superhero or something...

No comments: